Something that keeps bettors regularly coming back is the variety of football markets. Some of the biggest events on the football calendar feature over 100 betting options. Let’s take a look at some of the most popular betting markets available online.
These are bets on single matches that are usually placed before the start of the game and are the most popular. Some bets may be limited to the result after 90 minutes, while others can go to extra time and penalties. These conditions will be clearly stated beforehand. So let’s take a look at the sort of match betting options you can expect to see.
- Match result: The classic of football betting. Pick your match-winner and place your bet.
- Both teams to score: If you’re not swayed either way by a particular team, you can bet on both teams to score. You don’t want to wager on something you’re uncertain about so this is a great middle-ground.
- Result and both teams to score: A combination of the two above, there are potentially big winnings to be made here. But, as you probably know, with bigger winnings come bigger risks.
- Over/under goals: A lot like betting on both teams to score, this is about predicting how many goals will feature in a game. It’s also a way to get better value odds for a nailed-on winner. Bookies will typically allow bets over/under 0.5, 1.5, 2.5 and 3.5 goals.
- Double chance: Here you can cover multiple outcomes in a single match, like ‘win or draw’ or ‘draw or lose’. It’s a solid bet to place if you’ve got an idea how the game will pan out but you’re not totally sure.
- Handicap: One of the great things about football is that you will often see sides from the lower leagues pitted against some of the biggest teams on the planet. But these David v Goliath fixtures can offer up some pretty unappetizing odds. Luckily, handicaps are there to level the playing field. Often applied to the scoreline, they require the favourites to win by X amount of goals in order for a bet to be won.
If you’re confident about what the season will look like come May, then you can bet on some of it’s biggest outcomes. Usually done before the start of the season, you can take a flutter on the league winners and those faced with relegation, as well the league’s top scorer.
A great way to get the most out of your money is through accumulators. These hugely popular bets allow you to include multiple selections in a single wager, from ‘doubles’ and ‘trebles’ to ‘four-fold’, ‘five-fold’ and so on.
Part of their pull is that, because of the various odds in play, there is the potential to win a huge amount from a small stake. By multiplying the odds in your selection, in their decimal form, a selection of small bets can become something way more exciting.
Accumulator Insurance: In order to claim the full winnings, however, all of your various bets will have to come in. That’s why some bookies offer Acca Insurance. 888’s Acca Saver will give you a free bet refund worth up to £25 if one team in your accumulator lets you down.
Sounds pretty decent, right? Well, still make sure to check the terms and conditions because, in order to claim your refund, your accumulator will need to be at least six-fold.